500 Flyers and wait.

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Coumbe, Apr 22, 2008.

1. Coumbe

Coumbe LawnSite Senior Member

I am going to try and pass out 500 flyer's a day for 2 weeks. I am not sure how long it will take or how many calls I will get but I hope it produces something.:usflag:

2. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

good luck...make sure you buy an extra set of shoes....

3. 04TurfT

04TurfT LawnSite Senior Member

haha yeah, puttin out flyers sucks! It takes a long time, however we had some great calls come in this year due to flyers! Best of luck man!

Tell us how well you stick to your plan!

4. JohnnyCuts

JohnnyCuts LawnSite Senior Member
    from iowa

60-80 per person per hour on standard city lots. I'm seriously considering buying a moped. My feet hurt.. Prepare yourself for a .75 response rate (7-8 calls per 1000 flyers) and hope for better.

5. JohnnyCuts

JohnnyCuts LawnSite Senior Member
    from iowa

Also about half the calls will come right away, the rest will trickle in after, so dont get depressed if you only get a couple calls the first couple days. I'm pretty much exhausted after passing them out for 6-7 hours. I've been passing 250 or so in the morning and looking at potential accounts in the afternoon.

6. DK lawn care

DK lawn care LawnSite Senior Member

Good luck where are u passin em out at? BTW, dont put em in mail boxs, i found out the hard way. lol.

7. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

GOOD LUCK!!! I Haaaaaate flyers! But in my area (country type, large yards) you have to walk so far onto peoples property and then hang something right on their front door, it feels reaaallly awkward. I would imagine suburb type areas wouldnt be so bad because you dont have to go so far onto peoples property and people in those areas arent used to so much privacy.

8. Coumbe

Well I only got 300 out on day one. 500 is more that I thought. I am putting them right on the door knob. I hear you can't even put them on the mailbox pole. Better safe than sorry but it sure adds a lot of walking.:walking:

9. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

so 300 fliers...how many hours? 5-6....lot of time to spend....keep track of your hours, and $$ spent when you are all done, and then figure out how much each customer you get from this approach costs you....

10. Coumbe

I got 2 calls today! My legs are still sore but I will muster up the strength to get there tomorrow.:weightlifter: