50hp dixie turbo diesel

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ScCo, Jul 19, 2004.

1. ScCo

ScCo LawnSite Senior Member

I did a search and found the weight of pretty much every diesel ZTR except the suburban turbine. Do any of you all know the weight of this machine?

2. gorrell

gorrell LawnSite Senior Member

My machines weigh around 1650# each............Lynn
  3. 2manymowers

2manymowers LawnSite Member

The "S'Burb'N Turb'N" is powered by 2 gas engines, not diesel. It's probably very heavy also. :)
  4. TMlawncare

TMlawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

suburban turbine is a diesel also, it comes as twin engines or diesel powered. I have one it says sub tur right on it.
  5. 2manymowers

2manymowers LawnSite Member

Well then, it looks like I stand corrected. The DC brochure calls only the twin by that name.

TMM :eek:
  6. ScCo

ScCo LawnSite Senior Member

do you have any major problems caused by the weight of the machine?

Or, does it handle the weight fairly well?

My main concern being rutting problems, although most of my properties are not the type that are commonly susceptible to rutting out as they are generally quite solid.

My properties that tend to be softer and more rut prone are the ones I would be using my super z and my 36" walk behind on anyhow as they are the ones that require being bagged.

Mainly I just need an all out productivity machine for my larger properties, especially for 2 in particular that I'm going to have in the near future. And for such a machine it seems as if the 50hp diesel chopper with the 72" deck would be ideal.

Thanks for the time,

7. shortgut

shortgut LawnSite Member

you need to look at a Scag Saber Tooth Tiger before you make your mind up I really think that the DC diesel is a really great mowing machine but me personally I would take the Scag over the DC I demoed the xxwd5000-72 and the controls are really touchy and I used the DC on the same spots that I normally use my Scag and the Scag willl hold the hill better than the DC love d the horsepowerr out of the DC but you get some engine heat at the base of the seat and you can feel it in your lower quadrent the fron t end seems a little lit and I if I bought the Dc I would have to put the weight kit on the frt i would feel better about it if I did that I know that I probably would be all right with out it but this way I have tried any how hope this helps .