50psi regulator, where do you source?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by grassman177, Jun 16, 2013.

1. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

besides the hunter accusync, where do you get inline water pressure regulators, that are set to 50 psi? rainbird had them all the way up to 50, and recently dropped 50 and only go to 40psi.

Hope any of you have a good source, for good but reasonable regulators. Thanks,

2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Isn't a lot of the Rainbird drip stuff sourced from Australia?

3. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

Can always use a flow control master valve

4. mitchgo

mitchgo LawnSite Silver Member

5. irritation

irritation LawnSite Gold Member

50 psi is crap, I like 70-90. Get a booster pump.

6. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

I find we are starting to use these more on the 70 + psi jobs we install.....

Finally I can convince my boss that the high pressure isn't always a blessing..

7. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

There is a prv, this is for fine tuning in the system.........but I guess no one uses them just like rainbird told.me the reason they discontinued the 50psi version of inline prezsure regs
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

50 psi is overkill for drip, and regulators are really for drip, and not for anything else.

9. cjohn2000

cjohn2000 LawnSite Senior Member

Why not put a adjustable on a valve? I tried a couple fixed accusync's but ended up replacing them with adjustables. The last one was on a job in West Seattle, the HO had 120psi! It was new construction and they ended up putting in a prv and reducing it to 80. This was still causing issues with pipe that the carpenters had put it, mainly scratched cl 200, that was blowing apart. adjustable accusync on the master brought it down to around 40 or 50.

10. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

Very High pressures are hard on moving parts.
    Posted via Mobile Device