52" & 60" Lazer Anti-Blowout Baffle

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TLS, Sep 1, 2002.

1. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Well, Got it Saturday and installed it.

Literally a 5 minute job, impossible to "mess-up".

This is THE best $30.23 that I EVER spent on ANY mower. Part # 1641260 for the 60" model, don't know the 52" number off the top of my head.

This Summer has been extrememly dry in the Northeast. Worse drought that I remember in my 22 years of mowing for profit. Anyway....With the dry weather came VERY dusty and chaff filled days, all stirred up by the mighty Lazer!! Seems that the Exmark decks like to send clippings out in front of the deck and when there are no clippings, it simply sends DUST and CHAFF. Where does this end up? On your feet, up your shorts, in your eyes, ears, and down your throat.

This baffle Lowers the front deck baffle on the left two spindles by about 5/8". Enough to make a HUGE difference in the decks vacuuming ability. Leaves just get sucked in, not just pushed forward! The quality of cut seemed to improve as well. I will post a follow-up next week when I begin cutting again for the first time in almost a month!

Heres a pic with one more to follow.

If you have a 60" Lazer, this is a MUST HAVE item. That measly 5/8" makes all the difference in the world. Others claim better Ultra-Vac performance as well.

Here ya go....

baffle1.jpg

2. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

I musta been a pixel too big :angry:

Try # 2

3. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Try 3 I was too quick. Something about 60 second rule.....

baffle2.jpg

4. Floridalandcare

Floridalandcare LawnSite Senior Member
    from Tampa

How the %$# is the under-side of your deck so clean. My friends have Lazers and with the mulch kit the blow out makes for a very dusty job , Are you using a mulch kit or not .Are those new pieces plastic????

5. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Florida,

That comment is sarcastic, right? :rolleyes:

Well, sorry to say, the underside of my deck is VERY disgusting. I'm almost embarrassed to show the pictures. Problem is, it was so hard, it was difficult to scrape. I'll wait till I run in the rain and then I'll get a good scrape.
    No they aren't plastic.
    The black is 10 gauge powder coated welded steel. The black is the actual baffle attachment. No, I do not use the mulch kit, however, I believe that you could combine the two?! (anyone tried?)

I should have, for picture's sake scraped better, but, OH WELL!!

6. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Glad you like it. I think you'll be real happy with this baffle this fall.

7. poghead

poghead LawnSite Member

I would like to try that baffel.Where should I look to order that ?

8. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

9. Floridalandcare

Floridalandcare LawnSite Senior Member
    from Tampa

Wasnt trying to be sarcastic at all , from the pictures your deck looks like it was sand blasted, now that I look at it I can see its nasty ,,,,Sorry.

10. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Hey, no problem Florida. Its actually due to the file size limits on this site for pictures.

The originals were over 1000KB file size. I had to crop, and downsize them to fit on here. The originals fill my 19" screen @ 1280 x 1024! So quality will suffer as they are compressed.

BTW, this baffle is amazing!