52" BOBCAT BELT ISSUES

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by ACE LANDSCAPING L.L.C., Jan 25, 2005.

1. ACE LANDSCAPING L.L.C.

ACE LANDSCAPING L.L.C. LawnSite Member

I HAVE A 52" BOBCAT W/ THE 15hp KOLER AND I JUST BOUGHT IT THIS YEAR. I USED IT A FEW TIMES AND THE BELT ON THE LEFT SIDE(IF YOU WERE BEHIND IT) FALLS OFF ALMOST EVERYTIME I BACK IT UP. :realmad: :angry: THE BELT LOOKS USED BUT NOT BAD AND I THINK I HAVE THE TENSION ADJUSTED RIGHT. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT. THANKS

2. themowerman

themowerman LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

You need to adjust your traction controls. Pull out the owners manual, it gives you pretty good step by step directions.

3. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

Make sure that the jackshaft pulley lines up with the wheel pulley.
    You can adjust it with the jackshaft pulley by loosening the 2 bolts and taping with a hammer

4. ACE LANDSCAPING L.L.C.

ACE LANDSCAPING L.L.C. LawnSite Member

The Two Pulleys Line Up I Thought The Same Thing, I Haven't Gone Through The Manual Yet I Should Start There. Thanks

5. General Grounds

General Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

:blob3: replace both the belt and the small double pulley all should be fine than. tony

6. themowerman

themowerman LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Do the adjustments first before spending any money. The reverse setting is not a true reverse it is meant to be an assist. If your linkage setting is too tight it will not let the belt loosen enough to grab the wrap of the pulleys.

7. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

I've seen that happen on a brand new bob-cat 48 wb. The linkage is probably too tight.

8. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

This may sound like a dumb question, but what linkage???

9. Dave

Dave LawnSite Senior Member
    from RI

first I would set the traction linkage by the the book ,its very simple,if that does not work follow the linkage down from the traction control to the bracket with the approx 3"idelr pulley on it .get a rag and a pie wrench and put it on the opersite side of the direction the belt is going ,for example if the belt falls to the inside take the pipewrench and the rag and put it on the back side near werar the linkage goes and tweak it forcing the front inwards a little,or just the opersite if the belt falls off to the outside,that bracket is not adjustable in and out just up and down ,and by tewating it you bend the bolt a little ,this is from textron ,if youhave a problem i will give you the guy at textrons #