52" exMark Lazer ZHP Cutting Problem

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by statman, Sep 18, 2007.

1. statman

statman LawnSite Senior Member

I just started getting a ragged cut the past few days. This is the 4th season for this set of blades and the lifts are badly worn. I had gotten lazy and had been sharpening my blades on a steeper angle to save time. I took an hour and reground the ~30 degree angle and am now getting two strips where the outside spindles are. The center is a good cut. Do you think new blades will cure this or is it more serious, like a slipping belt?

2. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

I would get yourself a set of new blades. The cut should improve 100 percent. After 4 years I would say that you got your money's worth.

JP

3. leeslawncare

leeslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I got a 52" turf tracer .I change my blades every 2 weeks . no prob. Love my w/behind!! Keep 3 sets in shop to rotate.

4. mudwisr2

mudwisr2 LawnSite Senior Member

4 yrs! How much do you cut a week? If I had to guess I would say my blades would look like a tooth pick if I ran them that long :) Go ahead and buy yourself some new blades. You deserve it.

5. statman

statman LawnSite Senior Member

I cut the equivalent of about 40 residentials a week. I rotate 2 or 3 sets of blades, I guess that is why I use them so long.