52" Exmark ZTR Bagging Problems ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Turf Dancer, Jan 26, 2003.

1. Turf Dancer

Turf Dancer LawnSite Senior Member

I am in the process of adding a Commercial Walkbehind and a ZTR and I was looking at a 52" Lazer Z HP ! After talking to a dealer further away who happens to be a large volume dealer of exmarks, I was advised that the 52" deck is not very good when it comes to bagging ! Has anyone had any Experience with this ?

2. It's proablly one of the best add a bagger decks on the market.

Trivantage. New non hp is an ultracut I think. same deck but 1/2" deeper.

3. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

Mine works fine....only thing I dont like is that becuase of the compact efficient design of the mower, the bags cannot be any bigger than they are....in doing leaves this fall, and even after mulching over them b4 bagging, the bags filled in less then 5 minutes....so on any reasonable sized leaf job, I find the vac system almost worthless because I have to be stopping every 4 minutes and dumping...with grass, the system works great and the grass is compacted nicely....I'd give it an A on grass and a C- on leaves.

4. BobR

BobR LawnSite Senior Member

What works the best FOR ME is a 52" walkbehind with the "Trac Vac" system attached the vacuum actually reduces the leaves so that more are packed in the collection can, the pony motor is a 6hp koehler and has never given a problem, also have a Toro 153 compact Z with a bluebird collection system it doesnt hold a candle to the trac vac. I have found that working the leaves weekly is a lot better than waiting till they are all down. It is still a lot of work and I am changing my leaf pickup system to a walk behind blower (Billy Goat QB1601) and a tow behind truck loader.
    Will let you know how that works out next fall.

BobR

5. carlsmower

carlsmower LawnSite Member

The Lazer 52" is a great bagger, If you are mowing in extreme heavy and wet conditions I would suggest using the Scag 52" Hi-Lift blade. Huge wing kicks grass, keeps deck almost spotless, Is a little bit harder on the gas mileage though. Give it a try this spring and you will love it!

6. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Mine has been awesome for leaves. Its been thru 3 leaf seasons now. I've had zero maintenance cost on it.