1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

52" Exmark

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by prezek, Dec 24, 2013.

1. prezek

prezek LawnSite Member

Looking at picking up a 2009 Exmark with a 23 Kawasaki. 350 hours. Strictly homeowner use. Garage kept. Immaculate shape. What would you guys say is a fair price?

2. New2TheGreenIndustry

New2TheGreenIndustry LawnSite Senior Member
    from GA

Kind of guessing here, but I bet that machine cost about 8-9k in 09. I would say a fair price is somewhere around 6k, maybe a little less.

3. Vecchio Lawn Care

Vecchio Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

4-6k depending on hydro quality. If they are super tight which they probably are I would say 6

4. prezek

prezek LawnSite Member

Thanks for the responses. I was thinking the same. 5-6 range. He's asking 4500 so I figured I'd take a look.

5. ashgrove landscaping

ashgrove landscaping LawnSite Gold Member

2009 is 5 years old!!!!!! $2800 firm in mint condition!! Old motor old deck old hydros old everything. Mowers take a beating being used and not being used remember. Don't value value something on it's curb appeal

6. PenningsLandscaping

PenningsLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

I totally agree. I've been looking for a used ZTR for a year now, just checking market prices, getting ready to buy in the spring. I can't believe what some people are selling pieces of sh!t for. I wouldn't pay over 3000 for this mower.

I see Exmarks from 07-10 on CraigsList with ripped seats and 1300 hours for like 5-6000 all the time. Why would you pay over 65% of sticker price for something that has already been used for 80% of it's best hours. 3000 hour rating doesn't mean anything, somewhere after 1500, you start needing a lot more expensive repairs.

7. prezek

prezek LawnSite Member

This machine has been babied. Strictly residential. 350 hours. Thanks for the input though guys. The fact that it is 4 years old means zero.

8. ashgrove landscaping

ashgrove landscaping LawnSite Gold Member

:hammerhead:WOW dude you could not be more WRONG!!! Have fun with it and GOOOD luck.....:laugh: