1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

52" Exmark

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by prezek, Dec 24, 2013.

1. prezek

prezek LawnSite Member

Looking at picking up a 2009 Exmark with a 23 Kawasaki. 350 hours. Strictly homeowner use. Garage kept. Immaculate shape. What would you guys say is a fair price?
  2. New2TheGreenIndustry

New2TheGreenIndustry LawnSite Senior Member
    from GA

Kind of guessing here, but I bet that machine cost about 8-9k in 09. I would say a fair price is somewhere around 6k, maybe a little less.
  3. Vecchio Lawn Care

Vecchio Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

4-6k depending on hydro quality. If they are super tight which they probably are I would say 6
  4. prezek

prezek LawnSite Member

Thanks for the responses. I was thinking the same. 5-6 range. He's asking 4500 so I figured I'd take a look.
  5. ashgrove landscaping

ashgrove landscaping LawnSite Gold Member

2009 is 5 years old!!!!!! $2800 firm in mint condition!! Old motor old deck old hydros old everything. Mowers take a beating being used and not being used remember. Don't value value something on it's curb appeal
  6. PenningsLandscaping

PenningsLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

I totally agree. I've been looking for a used ZTR for a year now, just checking market prices, getting ready to buy in the spring. I can't believe what some people are selling pieces of sh!t for. I wouldn't pay over 3000 for this mower.

I see Exmarks from 07-10 on CraigsList with ripped seats and 1300 hours for like 5-6000 all the time. Why would you pay over 65% of sticker price for something that has already been used for 80% of it's best hours. 3000 hour rating doesn't mean anything, somewhere after 1500, you start needing a lot more expensive repairs.
  7. prezek

prezek LawnSite Member

This machine has been babied. Strictly residential. 350 hours. Thanks for the input though guys. The fact that it is 4 years old means zero.
  8. ashgrove landscaping

ashgrove landscaping LawnSite Gold Member

:hammerhead:WOW dude you could not be more WRONG!!! Have fun with it and GOOOD luck.....:laugh: