52" Ferris DD vs. 52" Exmark TT

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Big Red, May 14, 2007.

1. Big Red

Big Red LawnSite Member

Hi guys:

I read this site every day, but rarely post. Anyways...

I'm debating the 52" Ferris DD vs. the 52" Exmark TT. I was all set to purchase the Ferris but it seems in my search (so yes, I did search) I found several posts about "not so good of cut and clumping in thick grass." I just don't see how with 25 KAW this thing doesn't kick butt regardless of condition. All the posts concerning the Exmark TT were pretty positive. The Ferris dealer is closer and less expensive. Quality of cut, no double clumping, and no double cutting are my main priorities with this mower. Dealer support, etc. will be the same. I'm I going to be fine with either decision? Can I please get some feedback from current users? Thanks for your help. Kyle

2. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

You should probably do a lengthy demo of both machines before buying if possible.

The power of an engine has nothing to do with how the deck performs, so long as there is enough power on tap. Meaning if a deck doesn't perform well in your area and clumps, etc... more engine power isn't going to solve that.

Both seem like awesome machines, but you need to find out for yourself which one performs better in your area.

3. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Ive heard some pretty good things about the Ferris...but opinions are like...well you know! And everybody has one. Its always best to demo em...I would think you'd do that anyway before you slap that much cabbage on the table. Envy is right...its all about deck design...not HP.