52" fusion blades?

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by Soupy, May 15, 2006.

1. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

Pj, I have a early 05 Hustler Z 52" (before shipment with fusion blade). What size fusion blade do need? Also what are the dimension of the blade exactly? I have come up with 17-55/64" L and 5/8" center hole. Is the fusion 3" wide or 2.50"? The stock blade on my mower is the wavy blade which is 3". This blade is easy to get, but the two local dealers said they have not started stocking the Fusion blade yet which I believe is part number 795526.

I already have the spacer kit for flat blades but I'm just not sure what my blade options are at this point.

Last question... Does part number 783753 fit my mower and what blade exactly is this? I believe it is a low lift flat blade (non fusion). Is the fusion the only flat high lift beside gators?

Thanks a bunch...
    Soupy

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

The only measurement that we publish (that I have) lists the Fusion blade part # 795526 being 17.86" long.
    This is the correct Fusion blade for all of our 52" decks.
    When used on the FasTrak and Mini Z / Super Mini Z it does not use any spacers.
    When used on any of the following units, you will need the spacer kit.
    Any Hustler Z or Super Z units with 52” decks prior to serial number 05020101
    Any Hustler Z or Super Z units with 60” decks prior to serial number 05011098
    Any Hustler Z or Super Z units with 72” decks prior to serial number 05020206

The stock blade on your mower at the time was the offset blade, the wavy blade is a mulching blade.
    Part # 783753 is a low lift flat blade (non Fusion) for the 52" decks, it comes standard on the FasTrak and fits the Mini Z / Super Mini Z and the 52" deck on the Hustler Z and Super Z.

3. Soupy

Well the fusion seems to be a hard blade to get. Both the local dealers said they have not yet started stocking that blade and that they will get some on the next order. They say next week, but well see.

I'm just Trying to find any high lift flat blade that will work besides the gator. I was just curious if it mattered if I went from 3" wide to 2.5" wide? I have heard that the fusions were 2.5" but not sure how reliable that info is. I assume if it is then I can go with any 2.5" blade as well.

Why is Hustler so secretive with their mower blades? It makes it near impossible to try other blades that Hustler has not tested and OK. On my other mowers I can choose from many different blades to tweak it just right for my mowing conditions. With Hustler it is to hard to cross reference without exact size. When I mentioned Hustler to my Oregon dealer he said that is the hardest mower to find blades for.

4. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Run the Fusions, they are a high lift blade.
    The 52" Fusions are not as popular as the 60", but that is changing, and as it does, more dealers are going to stock them.
    We are not secretive, in fact Oregon makes all of our blades, Oregon is who you need to talk to, we have no arrangement or anything to prevent them from marketing our blades in there catalog.

5. Soupy

Not secretive, but why not give exact measurements. In the original blade reference you posted, the blades stated an 18" length. The new one does say 17.86" but most blades are marked like 17-55/64 which I think is the same thing. No other info is mentioned though.

Anyway, thanks Pj for your help. I think I have the measurements figured out know.