52'' gas or 60'' disel?? never used one this big.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by andyslawncare, Jan 25, 2008.

1. andyslawncare

andyslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

i'm looking at a 60'' disel exmark. i dont know if i will scalp the lawns with this machine. i have been using a 36'' walk behind & 46'' ztr deck and want to add on a larger machine to my line up.

i dont want to buy machine and end up hating it due to scalping. i'm maintaining about 120 half acre to acre properties and about 10 large properties (5+ acers)

what do you think?:confused:

2. MONTE

MONTE LawnSite Senior Member

I think you would be ok with that, but I would probably go efi on that unit! Also if you are real worried about scalping take a look at the Encore Prowler or Country Clipper They both have articulting decks that virtually eliminare scalping!

3. Razorblades

Razorblades LawnSite Bronze Member

You might also look into the Lastec mowers. They have a model with a 61" deck with a variety of Premium gas engines and also a Yanmar 22 hp 3 cyl. Liquid cooled diesel. Also, they have a flex style deck that does better on uneven ground and contours than the other two that were previously mentioned. If you've never heard of them, check out there web site. PC

4. MONTE

MONTE LawnSite Senior Member

Yes lastec might be a good one as well and they have efi engines as well!

5. FordLawnLandscape

FordLawnLandscape LawnSite Member

60" kubota diesel here . very effient, top quality, no complaints here. although IMO anything above a 60" you'll be sacrificing cut quality.

6. jeffslawncare

jeffslawncare LawnSite Member

I would go with a scag because with these i have seen and heard that if you scalp once then you will usally not scalp again