1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

52" Hydro Toro Year 2000 $4000.00

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rjburns, May 20, 2002.

1. rjburns

rjburns LawnSite Member
    from MA

Good Deal??? Local dealer has 52" Toro hydro floating deck which are two years(I am assuming year 2000) old but never used. He is willing to sell them at $4000.00. He has serviced my Shindaiwais when I walk in the door that moment, no questions asked. The catch here is they only have a 14hp kohler motor. For those of you who represent eXmark I presume(hoping) you will know if the motor is compatible for this mower.

My other option for all those non eXmark reps is a 2002 48" fixed deck hydro Ferris for $4600.00 and the dealer is the same as for my Walker GHS. Unfortunately he was an eXmark dealer last year but sadly parted ways with eXmark, if he was still selling them I would have purchased an eXmark today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unfortuneately the nearest eXmark dealer is 20 minutes away. Unrelated question if eXmark is as good as EVERYONE says why would there not be a dealer in a city with a population of 38,596?+/- 5:D . I live in Beverly, maybe someday I will be able purchase an eXmark local.

BRIAN GALLO LawnSite Senior Member

That sounds like that would be the "old" style Toro????? Brand new or not, it sounds a bit high, but maybe only by about $500. I don't know what your cost of living is there, so I might be off base. As far as the engine, Toro is offering their current hydro's with a 15hp Kohler option, so it should be alright.
  3. dlandscaping

dlandscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from mass

Year 2000 had two engine options either a 15 or 20 kohler magnum both with electric start. They have brought back that style now. Around here the 44 with 15 kohler and bag is $4700 so the 52 must be $5000 with bag not too much of a deal for something that has been sitting but it does have that nice tbar hydro drive and 14" offset deck!