1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

52" HYDRO WB

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by garyslawn, Jan 31, 2005.

1. garyslawn

garyslawn LawnSite Member
    from NE Ohio

The right wheel either locked or lost power while mowing. The mower took a hard right turn. It has done this twice then runs fine. I can not find anything wrong. Lesco mower. Any ideas? thanks

2. Lawnchoice

Lawnchoice LawnSite Senior Member

Have you changed the fluid recently?

You might have air in the system. It happens. I jack up the rear and let the wheels turn without any load back and forth for 10 min or so.

3. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

Can you explain more? Are you leaving the cap off the reservoir while turning the wheels to allow air to escape?

Thanks,
    Soupy

4. Lawnchoice

Lawnchoice LawnSite Senior Member

I leave the whole system tight and it seems to bleed out just fine. I have only owned Scag walkbehinds so am not sure about other brands. This happens every season to the machine - once we change the fluid.

5. jim dailey

jim dailey LawnSite Senior Member

Lift the rear of the mower, with the wheels up against a curbing or a wall. Block-up the back of the mower, with wheels off of the ground. Let it run 10-15 minutes forward and then the same in reverse. Leave the hydro tank sealed. Any air in the system will rise to the top of the fluid in the hydro tank. By the way, how old is the mower and how long since the hydro fluid and filter have been changed ???

6. garyslawn

garyslawn LawnSite Member
    from NE Ohio

Thanks all 4 the help. he mower is 1 yr old 480hrs and trh fluid has yot to be changed. Will do before spring