52 in snapper wb question

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Necroshine, Apr 3, 2006.

1. Necroshine

Necroshine LawnSite Member

I have a chance to buy a 52" snapper WB mower as well as a 6 x 10 trailer ( with racks ) for 800 clams. The seller is retiring out of the business. The only thing wrong with the mower is the blade engagement switch needs replacing.

Does anyone know how much it would cost to replace the switch ?

2. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Is it the switch or the whole clutch? If that is all it needs either way, I would jump at that price! The switch should be about $15-25 but a clutch will be a lot more.

3. Necroshine

Necroshine LawnSite Member

Its just the switch. The seller told me the switch would be around 20 bucks so i just wanted to get a second opinion and see if he's being accurate. He said it'll be about 25-30 pr hour labor too, which is the rate down here for mower mechanics.

I'm hoping this works out. I have a $ 3500 budget I'd like to stick to to start with and this will help me fall way under that. :clapping: :clapping:

4. lawnguy001

lawnguy001 LawnSite Member

You can't buy the trailer alone for $800. get it if you can.

Walt

5. craglawnmanor

craglawnmanor LawnSite Member

As long as the Snapper mower is not TOO old (a few thousand hours :dizzy: ), I'd jump on it. Snapper has always made a good product, and a decent 6X10 trailer is hard to come by (especially for $800).