52 inch ghs walker deck

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Red Wagon, Jan 29, 2008.

1. Red Wagon

Red Wagon LawnSite Member

Has anybody field tested or own the new 52 inch ghs walker deck? Looking for your opinion.

2. Red Wagon

Red Wagon LawnSite Member

Bump to the top

3. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

I'm interested too

4. 2stroke

2stroke LawnSite Senior Member

anybody run one with a 20 horse motor?

5. bigclawn

bigclawn LawnSite Senior Member

I did last fall--on a 20 with big blower--works fine--trims better--leaves good cut---will be buying one as I shuffle equip around in the spring..

6. DCE

DCE LawnSite Senior Member

Interesting fact about the 52" GHS deck - this is the only deck in the Walker line in which the blades rotate outward, as opposed to inward as with the rest of the GHS decks.

7. John Gamba

from ct

I think you will get less clogging and a better cut.You dont have alot of grass down the middle, instead its cut in half and sent down the sides.i think it works better on the wider GHS. I would hope they would try it out on a 60"GHS

8. DCE

DCE LawnSite Senior Member

It's just something about the 52" GHS deck that due to the size and the baffling, that Walker found that this arrangement will produce a really good cut with the blades turning outward. Haven't used one, that's what was told to me by the Walker distributor.

9. John Gamba

from ct

The larger the deck the more grass you are processing. things change:)

10. farmboy52787

farmboy52787 LawnSite Member

Any idea how much one costs? Do the blades mount the same? Anybody else used one that can talk about it? Do they have heavy duty gear boxes?

Thanks