1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

52 or 60 Inch ZTR

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Robert D, Nov 26, 2008.

1. Robert D

Robert D LawnSite Member
    from PA

I have a 48" WB and was looking to buy either a 52" or 60" ZTR. I am a two man company with me being full time the second one part time. I also own another business where I am at 4- 5 days a week.

I am using the 48" belt driven WB and it does a great job until it rains. But this coming year I will have more lawns in the range of the 15 - 20 and only have a two days a week to get them done.

My question is since I have the 48" WB I want to get a ZTR to make things faster. Most of my lawns are under an acre and are people houses. I am targeting business but their lawns are maybe two acres. It is smarter for me to get a 52" or a 60" the difference is about $500.00 more for the bigger one.

I need the pros and cons of getting either one for my business.

Thank you
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2008
  2. razor1

razor1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Definitely the 60" imo. I felt the same way only about buying a 72", and now I hardly ever use the 60". Good Luck.
  3. ealbertson

ealbertson LawnSite Senior Member

The bigger the better. You won't regret the 60 as long as you keep the 48 for the small areas. I am with the previous post. I had a 60 ztr and a 72. I only kept the 60 one season and now have three 72s and a 60" walk behind.