52" Scag Cheetah thoughts????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by WCPLC22, Jul 21, 2012.

1. WCPLC22

WCPLC22 LawnSite Member

Any thoughts or reviews on the 52" Scag cheetah? Scalping, cutting power, any other issues? Thanks.

2. lawnhoppers

lawnhoppers LawnSite Member

Get a 60".Once u get used to runnin a 60 " u will not want anything smaller.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. WCPLC22

WCPLC22 LawnSite Member

Only problem with that is I would not be able to use it on all my yards. The 52" would be fine. That's why I was curious if anyone has used one andwhatbthey thought.

4. Blades Lawn Maintenance

Blades Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Baton Rouge, La

I've heard this numerous times. I just can't justifying buying a $10k mower (maybe b/c I don't have that many accounts). Should I just make the investment now and grow into the mower!

5. WCPLC22

WCPLC22 LawnSite Member

I just wanna know how the 52 cuts?? When a need a bigger mower I will just go buy another one to add on to the fleet. Hell I see people with 2 mowers on trailers all the time. Each mower is used for different accounts where needed. I would not buy one to "grow into it". Save that money and buy it when u need it and that will help your cash flow for current business and any unforeseen issues.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. WCPLC22

WCPLC22 LawnSite Member

Just my opinion on the growing into something part.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Blades Lawn Maintenance

Yeah... I get what your saying. U could say growing into something applies more toward a trailer lol

Last edited: Jul 21, 2012
  8. RSK Property Maintenance

RSK Property Maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member

i had a 48" tiger cub with the advantage deck and 19hp kawi and it served me well for 985hrs then i trade it in towards another new scag and i went with a 61" cheetah with 34hp air cooled cheetah and haven't looked back, well actually i have seriously thought about trading this in for a 72" cheetah but my trailer is almost too small now so im gonna wait. but if you have smaller accounts with small gates then get a 52 but i would really say skip the 52 and go with the 61" deck, and use a push mower or buy a nice used 52" hydro walk behind for places the bigger machine doesn't fit.

9. Blades Lawn Maintenance

I knew I wasn't crazy. Makes sense tho....that's why I have a 33" walkbehind for the back yards.

10. WCPLC22

WCPLC22 LawnSite Member

If the 52 cuts as good as the 61 I just get the 52 because of closeness of beds, fences and curbs. All I wanna know is if it cuts thick grass as well as the 61. The lack of what seems to be enogh rollers and hp are my concern. My local dealer does not do demos or I woul just demo it.
    Posted via Mobile Device