1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

52" Scag Cheetah thoughts????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by WCPLC22, Jul 21, 2012.

1. Jimslawncareservice

Jimslawncareservice LawnSite Platinum Member
    from mn

Get a hold of your rep. I'm sure he will have one for his territory, especially if he knows your going to buy one, and not be just a tire kicker.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  2. RSK Property Maintenance

RSK Property Maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member

the new velocity plus deck cuts excellent, what motor your get it with is up to you whether you grab a mower a showroom and settle for whatever motor it has or you get picky like I did and order a machine with the exact engine you want, will determine how well it cuts in thick grass, personally i would get the biggest engine you can afford especially if you plan to run a bagger system. yes the 52" deck will cut like the 61 as long as you have a clean deck and sharp blades. i wouldn't buy one without demoing it first.
  3. bare31

bare31 LawnSite Member

I just bought the cheetah w/ 61" and 32 hp vanguard andit is one hell of a mower!! I can utilize the speed of the hi/ lo change for jumping from area to area and getting back and forth, but just being in lo is crazy fast!!! I mean super quick!!! I have been meaning to post a response on here to let everyone know what I thought of the mower but been to busy. It will bog a little on thick, wet grass but I think what the problem is, is the discharge chute hangs too low and slows the discharge. Other than that it's an awesome mower. Good luck.
    Posted via Mobile Device