1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

52" SCAG WalkBehind -- CHARLOTTE NC

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by jlbf0786, Feb 20, 2010.

1. jlbf0786

jlbf0786 LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Charlotte, NC

Bought it about 1 month ago as a project, it was red when i got it, the deck is a 52" scag deck but this scag shouldve came out with a 36-48".
    So after spending numerous hrs on disassembly, sanding, priming, painting, reassembly, etc.. etc.. I am ready to sell it (as-is)

$700 for a quick sale!
    firm on the price.

Send me a pm if interested. Or check the local Charlottes Craigslist, its on there as well.

Ive got the before pics, let me know if you guys wanna see what it looked like?

scag 2010 2.jpg

scag 2010 3.jpg
  2. becpropertymaint.

becpropertymaint. LawnSite Senior Member

does it run?? is that price right $700
  3. SchnabelLawnCare

SchnabelLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Looks brand new. What's wrong with it?
  4. jlbf0786

jlbf0786 LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Charlotte, NC

Yes the engine runs fine.

The engine to blade belt needs replacing, along w/ adjusting all the belt pulleys, etc.. etc.

This 52" deck wasnt made for this mower, so i had to do the best i could w/ making brackets that will fill the space where the deck mounts to the frame theres about 4-1/2" gap on each side where it should be flush to bolt it to the frame!

But yes, it does look new. I done the paint job the right way. And the reason for my $700 asking price is b/c of it being an older scag model..

Ive also got a 2-wheel velke and will include it for $150 (looks new also!)
  5. Mike's LawnCare Landscape

Mike's LawnCare Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

Looks like you did a real good job on this !!!!
  6. jjfinn

jjfinn LawnSite Member

Is this mower still available? I am interested if it is. I am located in South Bend, Indiana but wouldnt have a problem driving down to pick it up.