1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

52" SD on a 16HP(V-twin) Walker

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by WLC, Feb 28, 2003.

1. WLC

WLC LawnSite Member
    from NE TN

Has anyone had personal experience with the afore mentioned set-up? I know that Walker advises that the 52" deck should be the maximum size for the Model C 16HP(V-twin) Walker. I wanted to know if this deck really taxes the motor or other components of the mower? What type of grass were you cutting? ....etc???

Many Thanks!
  2. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I am going to apoligize first because I don't have this exact set-up and judging by the lack of responses I don't think many do.

My setup is a 26EFI with the 52SD as well as a 42GHS. Very good power in all situations.
    I am sure the 16 will spin it but it may be questionable if you get into heavy wet stuff. Walker has D/C'd the 16's for the 18HP Kohler which they say will run a 56"deck.

Personally, I would contact a dealer of MFG rep and see if you can use a demo deck for a week or so in the spring. It is a very heavy duty deck with double blades and it cuts grass like crazy. That would be the best advice I could give you short of getting a 26EFI.
    Good Luck