1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

52" Snapper pro sw 30 vs exmark turf tracer 52" x series

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Jason Simmons, Jul 10, 2014.

1. Jason Simmons

Jason Simmons LawnSite Member

Just wondering if anybody has ran both and tell me the pros and cons of each machine. The snapper is $1700 cheaper

2. Church2224

Church2224 LawnSite Senior Member

The Exmark Turf Tracer X Series can also have an EFI option, usually is only a $100.00 up charge. They are a proven unit. I also think they are faster than the Snapper Pro by .75 MPG. Plus you also have the ECS controls that many people enjoy using.

Many larger companies around here use the Exmark. But one of them has a fleet of 48 and 52 inch Snapper Pros and they like them as well. They seem to be a better value for the price, while the Exmark seems to be the ultimate top tier walk behind.

3. Jason Simmons

Jason Simmons LawnSite Member

Thank s church2224, i saw your other post about the scag pro v , stay away from them if you cut steep hills, death trap. Everything else was great except the controls.

4. cutshortlandscaping

cutshortlandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

SCAG does not make the PRO V anymore. they have a new mower the SWZT that is in its second year of production. People like them to what i hear. there controls are kind of like the EXMARKS.

5. cutshortlandscaping

cutshortlandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

i personally think the SCAG SWZ is the top walk behind. But that is also a completely opinionated statement.

6. Church2224

Church2224 LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah, you also comparing a fixed deck hyro with floating deck hydros. Plus the SWZ only has pistol grips, lacks an EFI option or a heavy duty air filter like both the Exmark and Snapper Pro have,

The only Scag walk behind I ever liked was the SWZU, none of the others have impressed me at all. Sad they stopped making it. With all of the other options from Exmark, Toro, Gravely, Bob-Cat, Ferris, and Snapper Pro, I rather look elsewhere.

7. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

although the snapper is a pistol grip its feel is totally different than the standard pistol grip system.

if given my choice between any walk behind out there.

It would be a scag swzt or a ferris fw35/DD depending on the situation and use.