52" Turf Tracer hp or Toro 52" Floating Proline both hydro

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ztoro, Mar 16, 2004.

1. ztoro

ztoro LawnSite Senior Member

Which is the better mower... Its seems that the deck is better on the exmark is there any others reasons why I should go with one over the other?

and as for price I found the Exmark for 5299 and the toro for 4999. Are these good prices or can someone direct me to a better deal in the NJ area?

2. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

Hello, the eXmark 52" deck is a better deck than the SFS & the ECS are better controls than the T-Bar on hydros.

If you do get the Toro make sure it has the "Classic' horizontal height adjustments like this which makes the unit better balanced & more compact...

horizontal52.jpg

3. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

4. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

& Avoid Like the Plague the Toro decks w/the Vertical height adjustments like this..This carrier frame is the newer design..

vertical52.jpg

5. bayfish

bayfish LawnSite Senior Member

The Toro proline 52" w/b is a good unit. Mine has the horizontal height adjustment and 20 hp kohler. It does a good job and is built like a tank. The Exmark has a better deck for cut quality. The SFS on the Toro is unstoppable in the tall stuff but does not have the suction of a deeper deck to stand that grass up.

6. GLS

GLS LawnSite Bronze Member

ATTN John Gamba...

I've noticed in your recent posts, your forgetting the "[/b][/quote] tags. Just thought i'd let ya know:)

7. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

tags. Just thought i'd let ya know:) [/B][/QUOTE]

Thank's Bud!! Its still snowing:mad:
    John

8. edward hedrick

edward hedrick LawnSite Senior Member

Toro reengineered the 52w/b for 2004. Talked to Toro rep

at dealer show. They shortened it. made the balance like

the Classic. I have a 52 classic w 18koh. works well in wet grass.

Ed.

9. ztoro

ztoro LawnSite Senior Member

pulled the trigger on a 2004 Turf Tracer HP 52, got it for 4800.

from all the searching I have done it seems like a really good price.

Do you guys agree?

10. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

TT better built deck
    TT better hydro steering touch, T bar a little jerky
    Previous Toro vertical pin decks were poorly balanced and had poor traction. Front too heavy. Flyers they've sent me claim this has been rectified.
    Exmark dealer network better in my limited experience, since they're nearly 100% commercial, vs. 50/50 homeowner/commercial.
    Exmark resale better imo.

There are a few 52" toro hydro's on Ebay I've seen recently, if you want to save some $$$.

Whew, $5299 for a wb. Add $300 or more for a castering sulky for it and that's getting close to Lazer HP prices.

I try to let the rider do the production mowing, and save wb's for the areas the rider can't reach. My knees sent me a thankyou card for that.