52" Turf Tracer HP

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by dutchman, Mar 2, 2007.

1. dutchman

dutchman LawnSite Member
    from CT

I am thinking of buying one of these so if you can give me any info that would be great.
  2. Eclipse

Eclipse LawnSite Bronze Member

I think it would be wise to go with the 19hp vs. the 17hp.
  3. dutchman

dutchman LawnSite Member
    from CT

It is a lot more money so you think it is worth it to spent that much more and why!!!!
  4. Eclipse

How much more money. I thought it was about $300-$400 more to go to the 19HP over the 17HP. I might be at the dealer this afternoon, I will ask what they are selling them for.

From the guys that I have spoken with that have run both, they suggested the 19 does a much better job, particularly on the think sping growth, with the 52" deck especially if you are using a sulky.

I have run a 48" TTHP with the 17HP and I can say that I never thought it was underpowered. Unfortunately I have no idea how much more power it might take to run the 52".

I will say that my local dealer does not try to sell the 17 on a 52" HP.
    Since it became available they recommend the 19 to everyone interested.
  5. JayD

JayD LawnSite Silver Member

I just bought my 52" w/b exmark with19 H. floating deck electric start for $5950
  6. Winslow Mountain Lawncare

Winslow Mountain Lawncare LawnSite Member
    from Lyme NH

I have had three 52" TTHP's. I currently have a 52" 17 hp kawi rope start, doesnt seem to me to be underpowered, and a 52" 19 hp kawi elec start.
    Both have ECS controls, which I love. Nice machines, love them, Havent had much for problems at all.

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

they recommend what ever price is higher
  8. DSSinc

DSSinc LawnSite Member

On March 3, my local dealer quoted me $6020.36 for a TTHP 52" with a Kawasaki 19 HP motor. If I remember correctly, the difference was about $500 and some change, to step up to the 19 HP motor.

Eclipse hit the nail on the head with what my dealer and I were thinking...Spring growth.

Just my .02ยข
  9. Eclipse

Not necessarily my dealer. On a 48" TTHP they suggest the 17hp will be adequate even though the 19 is available. However on the 52" they strongly suggsest the 19. Some salesman are more ethical than others.