1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

52" Wildcat vs 52" Tiger Cub

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by joeg2246, Apr 18, 2006.

1. joeg2246

joeg2246 LawnSite Member

Wildcat has 25 Kawasaki, Tiger Cub has 23 Kawasaki both would be equipped with the Hurricane Mulch System.

My question is the Wildcat has a slightly wider wheelbase than the Tiger Cub so there is just a bit more deck outside the wheels for trim purposes on the Tiger Cub.

Also with the wheelbase being a little shorter I was thinking it might be a bit more maneuverable for residential accounts.

I have to make a decision on these fine pieces of equipment so tell me what you guys think about both of them.

I need the Pros and Cons of both so help me out.

2. green acres lawns

green acres lawns LawnSite Senior Member

I believe the 52" tiger cub and 52" wildcat have the same frame, thus the same track and wheel base. The wild cat has an oil cooler and better seat.
  3. joeg2246

joeg2246 LawnSite Member

Not many differences for sure here are a few.

Slightly wider wheelbase
    6" casters instead of 5"
    Hydraulic Oil Cooler
    Soft Ride Seat

The frame is slightly larger on the Wildcat.
  4. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

What are prices of the two?
  5. joeg2246

joeg2246 LawnSite Member

That is the killer with the Tiger Cub and the 23 Kawi it is only about $200 less. If I wanted to add the same seat it is exactly the same.
  6. jc1

jc1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I just bought a wildcat its an awesome machine. I bought that over the cub to get the larger engine size. I got a 52" deck with the liquid cooled Kawi. We have had it about 2 weeks. It has the velocity deck, the first words from my employe's were that it cuts much better then what we have been using. We most likely will buy another one soon. Thats my 2 cents.
  7. SEKscag

SEKscag LawnSite Member

I have both machines. IMO you'll be happier with the wildcat. The nimbleness of the cub is nice, but doesn't overcome the amenities of the cat. I'd get the cat now and look at the 48" cub some time in the future. My .02.

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Unless cost was high go with the 52 inch wildcat with the 26 hp lc kawasaki.
  9. joeg2246

joeg2246 LawnSite Member

I was kinda worried about the Wildcat being a little wider in the wheelbase. I thought it might create some problems manuvering in smaller yards, but, I don't think it will. We are only talking about a couple of inches so it should be fine.

I think I will be going with the Wildcat with the 25HP Kawasaki.

Thanks for the comments and keep em coming. Input from the pros is good too hear.