521 Tracker

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by hunterpreferred, Jan 12, 2013.

1. hunterpreferred

hunterpreferred LawnSite Member

I no longer have a need for this 521 Tracker, anybody need one? I don't know what it's worth. I'm thinking $100 obo. Let me know what you guys think.

Tracker.jpg

Tracker3.jpg

Tracker4.jpg

2. hunterpreferred

The hand held gun is included too. For some reason I can't upload that photo.

3. Ray_Lawns

Ray_Lawns LawnSite Member
    from NE AL

I want it, pm sent.

4. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

Shoot i coulda used another one! can't have nuthin nice.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Mark B

Mark B LawnSite Bronze Member

So, what do ya think it is worth? Jim, do you still use them, or have you upgraded?

6. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

To be honest, i don't like posting prices but i would buy any 521 for that price. It costs $40 to ship a 521 Mark so that = $140.

I mainly use the 800 from Armada.

FYI- Testing a locator is as simple as clipping the leads to each other and turning the unit on. The output needle will peg with the knob in position 1.

Point the receiver at the transmitter with the volume between 9 and 12 o'clock, meter will peg.

The 521 is a brute and can take a lot more abuse than one might think.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. hunterpreferred

Thanks for the info Jim. We mainly use the Armada Pro too. I also have a larger tracker, I think it's the 521A. I might sell that one too.

8. hunterpreferred

Replied to pm

9. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

which Armada locator are you using? The 600 - 700 or 800? I started out with the 600 and wound up with the 800. I have stated many times that i feel the 800 is the finest irrigation specific locator made.
    Why would you be selling your 521s?

As much as i like Armada products, you already own the 521s and IMHO there is nothing wrong with the 521 or the 521a.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. hunterpreferred

Jim,
    We have the Armada Pro 800 and your right it is a great tool. The 521's work well but for some reason we just have better luck with the 800. My guys like it and they are comfortable using it. I like the fact that you can keep it charged at the shop or plug it in in the truck. It seems like every time we would go to use the other locators the batteries would be dead. Probably from employees leaving them on. Once I find something I really like, I stick with it and put them in each truck.