1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by clc19chase, Jun 18, 2007.

1. clc19chase

clc19chase LawnSite Member

Anyone Used This Tool Yet. Can It Be Purchased Online. Any Suggestions Are Appreciated. Thanks
  2. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Buy it....looks cool & has been talked about much on this forum. What I would
    consider is where to buy it...if your distributor likes you, you do some volume
    with them, pay the bills, order it thru them, the profit % is zilch on stuff like
    that, so it's a favor from them to you! If the unit goes t..ts, ram it down the
    distrib.'s throats! shopping online is a great idea, I guess, but not about stuff
    like the new 521.:)
  3. txgrassguy

txgrassguy LawnSite Gold Member

Bear in mind that Progressive Electronics is now owned by a different company.
    Prices new are dropping, you should be able to find a good unit for around $400.00 or so.
    The older 521's were built better, imho, than what is being released now but they should work for you alright.
  4. BPC

BPC LawnSite Member

The protech version is still around $500 new and I just got the greenlee version for about $700. The $500 price tag sounded good but the greenlee has proven itself a hundred times over the years so I went with what I know.