52in or 60in exmark

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mrusk, Jul 22, 2003.

1. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

I turn 18 next year and am going to stat my own LCO. I am going to buy a exmark lazer. I just cant decided if i should get the 52in hp or the laser 60in. The properties around here that i plan to target are proably 1-1.5 acers. With proably .75-1acer of grass. Some have trees and stuff in the way, some dont. Some properties around here have 3 scers of grass. I live in the country. I do not have to worry about gates. I do some work for a homeowner and hes been letting me used his old 60in bobcat to mow his 4 acer feild. After experienceing a zrt i cant see myself using anything else. With the 60in do i loose alot of manuverablity over the 52?

Give me you opioions!

matt

2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

if there are not gates and most cutting is 32,670 to 43,560 I would go with the 60.

3. Live4Mowin'

Live4Mowin' LawnSite Member

I think the 60" would be more productive for you since your accounts are very big and there are no gates.
    BTW try using the spell check

4. fblandscape

fblandscape Banned

If you are targeting larger yards, I wouldn't be deciding between 52" and 60". I would be deciding between 60" and 72" :eek:

5. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

I feel a 60" would be your best choice. I wouldn't go w/ a 72". If you ever get any smaller props. the 72" is gonna be too big. The 60" is the best all around mower for large or small props.

6. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

60" EPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great In The Thick Stuff.