54" fastrack sd maintenance

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by luckydooley, Apr 16, 2008.

1. luckydooley

luckydooley LawnSite Senior Member

I just bought a 54" Fastrack SD. Are the spindles greasable? I do not see any zerts, I guess they are self-contained?

Also when I engage the blades the deck seems to vibrate more than I expected. I do not remember if it did this when I test drove it. I just noticed it today after engaging the blades. I have just under 4 hrs on it. It appears to be the belt tensioner that is allowing the excessive vibration. I tightened it one chain link, and it seemed to help. I've only have two more links I can tighten it. Should I leave it be?

In the instruction manual it mentions purging the hydraulic system when I change the fluid, how do I go about this?

Thanks for help!

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

The spindles on your unit are not grease able.
    Your belt tension needed to be adjusted after belt break in (stretching) your adjustment sounds right now.
    Does it vibrate at full throttle?
    If not I would leave it be, if it still vibrates check the pulleys for a possible broken piece of twig or a gum ball caught in the v of the pulley.
    As to purging, you need to jack the rear of the unit after changing the fluid and replacing the hydro filters and run the unit forward and revers on jack stands to purge the air out of the system.

Pj

3. luckydooley

luckydooley LawnSite Senior Member

Okay, another question, when I push both steering levers fully forward my unit turns slightly to the left. It seems somewhat out of adjustment, how do I equalize the steering levers? They are both even when in the nuetral position. Thanks!

4. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

It sounds like your tracking needs to be adjusted after the initial break in.
    I wold wait until the 10 hour mark and then adjust the drive linkage / tracking.
    This is a fairly easy job, if you don't feel comfortable doing it your dealer can easily do it also.
    It is outlined in your parts manual, if you haven't downloaded your parts manual you can do so from the link in my signature.

Pj