54" Hustler fastrak Blades

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by Turfinator1, Jun 17, 2008.

1. Turfinator1

Turfinator1 LawnSite Member

Pj
    I have a 54" fastrak With a 21hp kaw. I have been reading on the forum and I am undecided on what blades to buy. Right now when I mow it cuts the grass nice but just bends the dandy lions over and wont cut them. I was wondering if I could get a blade that would raise that up to cut it? I was reading on the wavy blades and wondering if I could use them with out a mulch kit on. I also mow in sandy conditions so the blades don't stay sharp that long. What are the model numbers and where can I find them on the web to take a look? So in your opinion what is the best Fusion, Wavy, Gator? Thanks

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Wavy blades have little to no lift, they are not what you want in this case.
    The Fusions are about the best blade for what your describing, I would be going this route, they are part # 797696
    They are sharpened almost to the center which helps with this and they are the high lift blade.
    They will also last longer in sandy conditions.
    I don't have a picture of them though, sorry.

Pj

3. Turfinator1

Thanks, Im up in northern michigan so I would just call the closest dealer and have them sent to me

4. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

They should have them in stock.

Pj

5. PEVO

PEVO LawnSite Member

I tried a set of 3in Notched hi-lifts on my 60" super-z a few weeks ago. The suction difference was way better hence the cut too...BUT the downside was that these blades really taxed(lugged down) my 28efi. Now that it is dry, i have gator mulchers on & while they don't have as much suction... they still cut my spinely wirely long stem grass with out bogging my efi down near as much. Kinda crazy...i would had thought that the med lift gators would leave un-cut stems...but they get 97% + of them.

6. Turfinator1

No they didnt have them up here. The dealer near me really didnt know much about them. So I got ahold of Clint at "commerical ? " down there in Lakeland FL where I bought the mower. He took care of me. Thanks for your help

7. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

You bought your mower in Florida?

8. Turfinator1

Yeah, down there at Commerical Lawn Equiptment in Lakeland, FL

9. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Did you live there when you bought it? that is quite a distance just to buy a mower...

10. Turfinator1

Yeah, In lake Wales