56,000 going out over next 4 months

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by daveyo, Jan 31, 2007.

1. daveyo

daveyo LawnSite Senior Member
    from N.J.

56,000 each month direct mail, going out over next 4 months, each month I can adjust coupons to target my specific needs. I wouldn't mind any constructive criticism just keep it constructive. This is only a proof.

O'Donnell Landscaping

Attached Files:

2. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

Let us know how it goes. I am from Nj and get that magazine every month or so. I was sorta considering it. What size is youe ad and what is it running a month?

You might also want to try homeimprovementguides.com Its another Nj thing.

3. daveyo

from N.J.

three 1/4 page ads and one 1/3 page ad. 2053.00 billed over 5 months. For the first two months I'll be in the front pages under a special spring garden section which should attract potential customers. Also, I had to pay them $100.00 for the design rights, so I can put the same thing on all my advertising. Thanks for the tip.

Dave

4. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

I can't offer any criticism.

Very nice flyer!

5. mrusk

I just looked at your ad again. In the future, try to change the print on your headlines. I find it hard to read! You go to remember that people flip through these things fast!

Also try to advoid reverse print (white type) as much as possible!

6. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

I like it! Good Luck!

7. Mow Mony

Mow Mony LawnSite Member
    from VA

Nice looking flyer!

but it does say Just lawns and maintenance, and then you list quite a few additional services beyond that, may be kind of confusing to potential customers...

8. daveyo

from N.J.

Mrusk, does white type include listing my services, what type is best? When you say print do you mean font?

MJ, everything listed is Just lawns and maintenance nothing beyond, please name specifics.

Thanks,
    Dave

9. mrusk

Dav- I am talking about the print on your headlines, the script or whatever it is. Its hard to read.

Reverse print is hard to eat. If it was easter to read than black type, newspapers would be white type on colored paper.

If you ad is set in stone i wouldn't worry about it. You just seen to make your adds easy to read so when someone gets their mail, and flips through the magazine, they can read your headlines in 2 secounds.

10. daveyo

from N.J.

Ok thanks, I will change the print to green outlined in white, does that sound better?