56" triton

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mowerboy04, May 16, 2010.

1. Mowerboy04

Mowerboy04 LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey guys, my exmark dealer has a few year old exmark laser Z with 56" triton deck new in the create. Just wondering if any of you guys had one and what you thought of it. Pros and cons. thanks

2. Cutter1

Cutter1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have had 8 of them. Pretty happy with them. they have stripers on them. They cut nice. Kind of pissed exmark is changing deck sizes around again. I use to run 52's and they quit making them, now they are back. Starting to get old.

3. Mowerboy04

Mowerboy04 LawnSite Bronze Member

good to hear, my dealer has one there asking 7800 for it out the door 23hp kohler i think seems like a nice unit. Have you used the ultra vac bagger? if so how well does it work?

4. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

I have owned two older exmarks with the ulta vac and they are second to none! They suck (literally) great!

5. ajslands

ajslands LawnSite Silver Member

Nooo get the 27
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. ajslands

ajslands LawnSite Silver Member

Oh and yes I have the ultra vac bagger! Works great! But when you're mowing in the pouring down rain, it gets clogged.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. sharpcuts

sharpcuts LawnSite Member
    from NE OK

The 23 should have power enough. The 27 would be great, but you gotta get whats available in last years models. My 60 has a 25hp & it works fine, even with the ultravac.

8. Cutter1

Cutter1 LawnSite Bronze Member

if you are getting the vac, the 23 will be under powered. I think the 27's are under powered sometimes. I had 23's on my 52's back in the day, those were great, but a 56 needs more power. All of mine have the vacs on them also, real happy with them.