5th wheel question

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by SangerLawn, Sep 15, 2009.

1. SangerLawn

SangerLawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from indiana

One of my trucks has a 5th wheel ball. I have tried everything I know to take it out without removing all the hook ups. Does anyone know how to take just the ball off? If there is a release where is it hidden? Thought I would ask here before I put a big tool on it and break it lol. If that doesnÂ’t work I may need to use a cutting torch :cry::dizzy::hammerhead::confused:

2. richardb200373

richardb200373 LawnSite Member

If the ball spins in place, then it should just have a bolt through the bottom of it to hold it in. If it is a home made place, it may be welded, therefore SOL. Best thing to do is get under the truck and take a look at what you are dealing with.

3. badbart

badbart LawnSite Member

I am guessing you're talking about a "gooseneck" ball? There are several ways that they are attached. Some flip up/down, some are bolted, others are welded. As Richard said, the best thing to do is crawl under there and have a look.

4. hondarancher4435

hondarancher4435 LawnSite Senior Member

i have helped get some out and they had a lever that came out in one of the rear wheel wells you pulled the lever and pulled the ball out it required two people.