5'x10' Dump Trailer MFGs in the Pacific NW?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by bigdane, Mar 12, 2006.

1. bigdane

bigdane LawnSite Member

Anyone have any suggestions as to where I can get a 5x10 dump trailer here in Portland, OR. I've found a number of 5x8s. Thing is, I need the largest single axle dump I can find because I have to be able to spin it from my ally into my backyard.
    Landscape gate that dubs as a spreader? How does that work?
    :dizzy:

2. bigdane

bigdane LawnSite Member

How about Trailers Ect. Mean anything to anyone? Are they in Dallas OR or Sandpoint ID. Can't get a response from their 800# awns machine. Are they out of business?

How about Load Trail?

3. janb

janb LawnSite Senior Member

try these guys (chehalis, WA) under the 'uncle sam sign'
    http://www.carsontrailersales.com/
    888-390-5721
    Email) sales@carsontrailersales.com

There is also a pretty big dealer on Columbia Blvd, between Humane Society and MLK

looks like your pushing it for a single axle, but I understand your issue (tight spaces)

4. imjustdave

imjustdave LawnSite Member

How much do u want to haul ? 1 yard of dirt is abot 3K lbs, a single axel trailer is about maxed out. are you going to be backing this trailer by hand into the location you want? Because a empty dual axel trailer is easy to back in yes there are some bindings but not impossiable and not to mention safer going down the road.

5. janb

janb LawnSite Senior Member

pretty cheap 4x8 in paper today ($1700) with 'hog racks' (extended sides)

6. bigdane

bigdane LawnSite Member

I think a 5200lb 5x10 single axle dump would be sufice for most of my jobs. I'm a part timer. I mostly replace lawn and do clean ups. My vehicle is an 02 Excursion w/ the 7.3 Turbo. A little extra weight in the trailer shouldn't hurt. Those dumps are built well.
    Yeah I have to spin it from my ally into my 8' back gate by hand. I'm big and strong but not ... enough to spin a tandem on asphalt I don't think?
    I would have bought the think a week ago if the people that advertise the 5x10 ... would call me back. I'll guess I will call their 800 # again tomorrow and leave another message. Thank you for calling ... please leave a message and we will do nothing as soon as possible.

7. bigdane

bigdane LawnSite Member

I think a 5200lb 5x10 single axle dump would be suffice for most of my jobs. I'm a part timer. I mostly replace lawn and do clean ups. My vehicle is an 02 Excursion w/ the 7.3 Turbo. A little extra weight in the trailer shouldn't hurt. Those dumps are built well.
    Yeah I have to spin it from my ally into my 8' back gate by hand. I'm big and strong but not ... enough to spin a tandem on asphalt I don't think?
    I would have bought the think a week ago if the people that advertise the 5x10 ... would call me back. I'll guess I will call their 800 # again tomorrow and leave another message. Thank you for calling ... please leave a message and we will do nothing as soon as possible.