5x8 trailer ?????

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by casey humphrey, Apr 24, 2008.

1. casey humphrey

casey humphrey LawnSite Member

i have a ? can you fit a 52 wb and a 21 walker on a 5x8 trailer without it looking like fitting 5pounds in a 1pound bag? thinking of adding a 2nd route for the boys just thought i would ask before i buy thanks again peeps

2. MTR999

MTR999 LawnSite Member
    from Florida

We have downgraded to use 5x8 and small truck for 2 years now, work great. a 52" Z, and stuff. We average 24-25 mpg on that ranger. Gas and space limit is main reason. 17 mpg on F150 is not as good as rangers. We refuse to pay $3.50 !!!

04-21-08_1150.jpg

3. casey humphrey

thats pretty kool !!! and a good idea!! what is the axle rating and where did you get the trailer??

4. MTR999

MTR999 LawnSite Member
    from Florida

That trailer is locally made by a guy in my area, he charged me like $500 back in 2002, the axles can take up to 3500# but I have never loaded it that much, normally about 1500# gross trailer weight as you see, a 52 Z, and equipment stuff. I love this set-up cause it is easy to turn, park, storage, easy on gas, in and out of subdivision easily, when done end of day, just keep it my garage, don't have to pay for storage unit like before!! Those days of big V8, 26-30 gallon tank, 12' tandem trailer are gone, can't keep up with rising gas and diesel cost. period.
    When doing repair sodding job, like 1 pallet, just half on f150, and the rest go on trailer, done. If more than that, just have them delivered to location, easier.:weightlifter:

5. columbiaplower

columbiaplower LawnSite Senior Member

you really need a trailer hitch on that truck, you really want the trailer deck level, or it will start swinging back and forth behind the truck at highway speeds.

6. Lawn Enforcer

Lawn Enforcer LawnSite Silver Member

Do you run full-time with that set-up?

7. jbannick18

jbannick18 LawnSite Senior Member

I don't believe your ranger gets 24-25 mpg towing, not even with the 4 cylinder. I had a 3.0 v6 and the ranger would get 16 empty. My mom's 4 cylinder car gets 24, maybe you have your math wrong.

8. zero_turn_freak

zero_turn_freak LawnSite Member

i thought i was tight on my 5x10 :p

9. casey humphrey

i just got a great deal 5x10 trailer think a 97 ranger can pull this unit ??? with a walker hydro and a 21 lawn boy on it ?? the ranger has a 2.3 in her and its a 5 speed what ya guys think ???

10. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

Nice setup

casey humphrey- hope the new trailer works good for ya, I am using a 5x10 for now