5'X8' Trailer

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Pistol, Feb 9, 2009.

1. Pistol

Pistol LawnSite Member

Newbie, just starting out this spring. 36" walk behind, 21" push, Trimmer, Edger, Etc. Will a 5'X8' trailer hold this equipment? Its a nice trailer for $600. Good price for starting out.

2. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

So a search in the Trucks and Trailer section...you'll prolly run across some brand names to avoid. Search for your trailer brand name as well.

3. Rich's landscaping

Rich's landscaping LawnSite Member

yes that will work even though it might be a tight fit. I have pretty much what you have and i started last year but i used a suv. This year i will have a pick up and i know ill have more room for more stuff.

4. Tnlawnguy

Tnlawnguy LawnSite Member

Yeah, that should be fine for just starting out. After your biz grows you can get some bigger equipment.

5. lawnkingforever

lawnkingforever LawnSite Bronze Member

It should be OK, I fit a 48" WB and a 20" sideways on my 5x8. Trimmers on rack and rest of stuff in bed of the truck, I do not bag any yards so this works for me.

6. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

As much as I hate small trailers, this one will work perfectly fine. But if you are planing on doing this for a while and expanding, you will out grow that trailer in no time.

7. Pistol

Pistol LawnSite Member

Oh - a couple other things - it's rated at 2,000#, but only has 12" wheels - does that sound right?

Thanks for all of the input, Pistol

8. Fleur De Lawn

Fleur De Lawn LawnSite Member

you are better off spending a little extra money and getting a bigger trailer rated at 3500lbs. You will be getting one next year anyway.

9. STRINGALATION

STRINGALATION LawnSite Senior Member

you can check my thread in photos LANDESCAPES I HAVE MY 5X8 THERE WITH A 36" 2- 21" 2 TRIMMERS 1 STICK EDGER. BACKPACK BLOWER SULKY AND I AM OUT OF ROOM BUDDY it would be ok but i am a landscaper so unloading the lawn equipment for plants and tillers and mulch means i need 2 trailors in my world. i want a enclosed trailer for scaping

10. FourTrees

FourTrees LawnSite Senior Member
    from Zone 6

I'd hold out for a trailer that has some real wheels and will hold 3500 lbs.

I think you will out grow the weight limit and tire reliability pretty fast.