6.0L Exhaust

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by STIHL GUY, Jul 14, 2010.

1. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

i was wondering what you 6.0 drivers were running for exhausts on your 2500HD's. I want something with a nice tone but not too loud because i dont want to be waking people up at night while doing snow. the stock muffler is dual in and dual out what are the advantages/disadvantages to this as opposed to running 2 seperate single in/out mufflers side by side. thanks for the help

2. FryDaddy

FryDaddy LawnSite Member

what year is your truck. Im looking at an 04 just to have for personal use.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. STIHL GUY

from CT

its an 05.

4. Bigred350

Bigred350 LawnSite Senior Member

I run a Flowmaster 50 series. Its a dual in dual out muffler. Its sounds very deep and not extreamly loud.

5. Outdoor_Maintenance_2010

Outdoor_Maintenance_2010 LawnSite Senior Member

just out curiosity how many miles u guys do on a full tank of gas??

im looking in to buy a 2500hd with the 6.0l

6. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

I don't have the same truck or engine, but I just had a custom stainless dual outlet exhaust installed last week. Magnaflow-type stainless muffler, single input dual output, stainless pipe, stainless tips. $450 total. Sounds perfect for a work truck...gives the truck some character, but won't wake the neighbors. If I throttle it good though, she PURRRSS ever so sweetly.

Basically, see if you can find a good exhaust guy in your area and see what he wants for a custom bent exhaust.

7. STIHL GUY

from CT

i got under the truck to measure the pipes today. Currently i have 3'' dual in and 3'' dual outlets. After this there is a y pipe that ends with a 3.5'' tailpipe. everything is welded. my question is if i cut the old muffler off and placed the new one in could i clamp it or does it need to be welded??

8. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

The muffler should be welded, but you may hear it's okay clamp it.

9. STIHL GUY

from CT

will it sound ok if it is clamped?

10. Triple G Lawn and Snow

Triple G Lawn and Snow LawnSite Member

As long as were on the subject, I am also looking at 3/4 ton chevy's with the 6.0.

My buddy has a 97 GMC with the 350, 5.7 motor, with straight pipes out the side after the cat converter no muffler.

I would like to do this to my 6.0 but have been told it wont run as good because it would need more fuel, and all the computer crap will be out of wack with air/fuel ratios.

What do you guys think? the 97 sounds Bad A$$. Would love to do the same thing.