6' 10" x 24' Trailer

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by keithslawnc, Jan 3, 2011.

1. keithslawnc

keithslawnc LawnSite Member

Trailer is still for sale. Still at $3000.00 firm. Thanks for looking

2. BigEd

BigEd LawnSite Senior Member
    from MD

This is one heck of a deal! Good luck, free bump.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. mudwisr2

mudwisr2 LawnSite Senior Member

Nice trailer. Do you have up-to-date pictures since it was used another season? Is the trailer built heavy enough to swap axles with 6k or 7k lb axles?
    My family has a condo in Mt. Dora. If this trailer is still for sale the next time I drive down there I will come look at it.

4. bobcat48

bobcat48 LawnSite Gold Member

Nice trailer and setup man.

5. keithslawnc

I don't have any up to date pictures but the trailer looks the same. It is stored in the shop hook to the truck when it is not in the field. The only thing that changes is I put a new set of tires on the trailer late last spring and i had to put a new set of springs and cables on the gate assist. Trailer is built strong enough for the axle swap but the manufacture suggested the 5200 lb because the 6k and 7k sit a lot higher.

6. PlantscapeSolutions

PlantscapeSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

I wish you the best of luck with that trailer. Try the Heavy Equipment Trader. You need to get the word out to a large area if your going to have a chance to sell that trailer. There are always a lot of trailers listed as well. It's probably not going to be a landscaper who buys a trailer like that. With the ramp down you must need almost 50' to park a truck with the trailer in tow.

It can be a real challenge to sell an odd ball trailer like that. The trailer must weigh 3000+ lbs. which leaves you a huge 24' trailer but only around 7000 lbs of capacity. You rarely see trailer over 16-18' that don't have 7K axles. Once you hit 20'+ your pretty much in 7K Gooseneck territory. It definitely sucks to take it in the azz when you sell something.

7. keithslawnc

The trailer title states the weight at 2100 lbs. with the add rack it is around 2400 lbs. That still leaves 8000lbs of pay load. I had this trailer built to haul 4 60"/72" ztr's. I am no longer doing the property that required all 4 mowers at once, so i would like to sell it. I still haul 3 ztr's daily but could do that with a 20' trailer. I am offering someone a great deal but I am refusing to give it away. If I cant get a decent price I will keep it and use it for mulch, trees and ect.

8. LawnMan19

LawnMan19 LawnSite Gold Member

Wish I could use it because that trailer is SICK and great deal. Good luck with your sale

9. nwimaintenance

nwimaintenance LawnSite Member
    from 46307

I am really interested in your trailer but I am in Indiana. I do vacation in Florida every spring so that might be an option if you still have it in April.

10. keithslawnc

Nwi if I still have it you are welcome to take a look at it. Just know that my price is firm, I do not have to sell this trailer. Thanks for your interest, it really is a great trailer.