6.2 Accelerator bagger...emptying into a truck?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Shady Brook, May 31, 2005.

1. Shady Brook

Shady Brook LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

Does anyone own a 6.2 Accelerator bagger and empty it into a dump truck, or pickup with sides? I wonder how unwieldy it gets when full of grass or even some damp leaves for that matter. Even a full Gobbler can be a load when tossing them over your head throughout the day. Any input on the big xl Accelerator would be appreciated.

Thanks

2. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

An Accelerator XL Full of Wet Grass is Heavy....for a Girl.

I Don't Bag Grass Anymore...Bagging Grass is for Rookies.

The Accelerators Get Used for Debris Removal Only !

Toro7.JPG

3. Mountain Peak

Mountain Peak LawnSite Member

I have the 4.15 one on my JD walk behind and it isn't too bad full of wet grass. I only use it for clean ups now, no grass catching...

4. Shady Brook

Shady Brook LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

Well, not everyone can be a pro like you Fareway! On occasion us rookies might be compelled to catch some grass, and I was currious if it is designed in such a way to allow a normal guy to get it over his head to dump in a high sided truck. I don't want my guys killing themselves, scaring the truck up, or tossing and damaging the unit. Any others with any insight?

5. christoff

christoff LawnSite Member

So what do you guys do then? mulch it all? and if so what kind of blades?

C

6. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes it is a heavy load when full of damp grass. I put 1 foot high side boards on my pickup in the spring and fall and can still get it over with some effort. I go over the tailgate when possible though. stand on the curb side of the truck and it's easier.

7. iowa

iowa LawnSite Senior Member
    from NW IA

I'd say the worst part is emptying the grass out of the truck, and then the trailer if the truck is full.

myrig (2).JPG