6.5 X 16 open trailer for sale MI

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by PSO058, Jan 5, 2007.

1. PSO058

PSO058 LawnSite Member

I have an 04 6.5X16 open trailer I am wanting to off load. Its a great trailer but I have a 12 ft I am going to start using instead. It has a new front axle (previous owner bent it and didnt mention it when I bought it). One tire is bald, it holds air,but should probably be replaced. Half of one fender is missing. I have a new one that I will give to buyer but it will need to be attached if you want it. I just never put it on. It is dual axle without brakes. I am in Farmington Hills, and would be willing to meet a short distance. PM me with any questions, it is also on Ebay. I would like to get $1,200.00 for it, but make an offer if interested. It also has a Grid Iron three place trimmer rack that I'll leave on.

IM000243.jpg

IM000242.jpg

2. PSO058

PSO058 LawnSite Member

Still for sale.. Make offer.

3. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

That trailer is illegal in Michigan. It would be a D.O.T. cops reason to stop you. Then they find 15 other items to write you for.

4. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

Nope, as long as it was manufactured in a state that does not require brakes its fine to have.

5. Metro Lawn

I have a box full of tickets from through the years that say different. The laws are funny. It doesn't require brakes, but does require a break away device ( ie:brakes ) lol

6. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

Wierd. Just last spring I bought a tandam axle trailer brand new from a dealer in Michigan with no brakes or brake away. Do safety chains count as a break away device? If its illegal im surprised you can buy them.

Maybe its one of those things like window tint, not illegal to sell, but illegal to have.

7. Metro Lawn

Break away devices are required on trailers 1500 lbs or more including cargo. Safety chains are not consider as a b-a device. It is a device that will stop the motion of the unit if it becomes seperated from the towing unit.

Every trailer required to be equipped with brakes
    shall be equipped with brakes so that, upon breakaway
    from a towing vehicle, all trailer brakes
    shall automatically and promptly engage and then
    remain engaged for at least 15 minutes.

8. Grassmechanic

Grassmechanic LawnSite Silver Member

Hee hee, I was waiting for someone to jump on the no brakes thing. You definately need brakes on a trailer of that size in MI. now, and the cops are pulling people over right and left and handing out hefty tickets.

9. PSO058

PSO058 LawnSite Member

So you're saying you are not interested? Thanks for the input. That is why I made mention of it so it is not assumed. I intended on putting brakes on but never did.

10. Grassmechanic

Grassmechanic LawnSite Silver Member

Interested. But the price is a little high for the work that it'll need to make legal, that's all.