6.75hp Craftsman Mower Value?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by r_snowrider, Jul 31, 2005.

1. r_snowrider

r_snowrider LawnSite Member

I have a junk hauling business and a few days ago someone threw away a Craftsman 6.75 eager mower. It runs great and looks only a year old. I was wondering if anyone knows about what it would be worth? Is it a good mower.

2. naturescaretaker

naturescaretaker LawnSite Senior Member

$20 bucks at a yard sale

3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Probably worth more as an anchor.

4. Redneckn

Redneckn LawnSite Senior Member

If it is clean, runs good, and doesnt leak oil, you should be able to land 50-75 for it.

Otherwise, if it runs you should be able to get about 20 for it.

5. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

Note that they threw it away, lol. See if you can get 40 or 50 bucks for it at a yard sale. Like they say there's one born every minute. :p

6. Redneckn

Redneckn LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah. I didnt think about the "threw it away" aspect of it. I have had people ask me to haul of mowers (push) that didnt need more than gas and a plug though.

7. r_snowrider

r_snowrider LawnSite Member

These people had a lot of money and were getting rid of some fairly nice stuff because they were moving about 1200 miles away and needed to fit everything. The mower starts first pull, cuts the grass real nice, and has a large 6.75hp engine. If I did get rid of it I would put the money towards some equipment for this fall.

8. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

Well since it runs and you have nothing into it, run it until it dies and then scrap it. Anything it produces over what you have tied up in it goes into your pocket.