6 A.m.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by redoak77, Nov 11, 2004.

1. redoak77

redoak77 LawnSite Senior Member

Yep that right, my alarm had just gone off at 6:05 this morning and i am laying there half asleep :sleeping: when the phone rings. My dad picks it up and yell over that is for me. Im like what the heck. So i mosey out of bed and pick up the phone. Sure enough, it was one of my customers, a 92year old lady calling me to ask if i could move the leaves from grass between the street and sidewalk out on to the street(which is illegal) She said she wanted to make sure she got me before i left for school(starts @ 7:40) :rolleyes: I was to out of it to even care or get mad so i said sure, ill be over some time in the next few days. Hey at least she said shed pay whatever it take. lol What will i do over the winter with no crazy customers?lol

2. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

thats funny, and whats even funnier is she had probably been up for 3 hours already! i remember when my grandmother was still around, she woudl go to bed at 8pm and be up by 3:30 am. i thought that was the most bizzare thing in the world

anyone else keep these kind of odd hours?

3. Norm Al

Norm Al LawnSite Bronze Member

wouldnt it really be funny if NOBODY ever called you?

4. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Voice mail live it learn it

5. BrianK10

BrianK10 LawnSite Senior Member
    from usa

Buy a cell phone, and turn that thing on vibrate or silent. Problem solved.

6. cleancutccl

cleancutccl LawnSite Senior Member

I did an account for a WWI veteran for about 2 months. Had to make sure the mowing was done by 2 in the afternoon because he went to bed at 3 pm and got up at 1 am, said he had been getting up that early ever since he joined the army, I'm sure he never went to bed that early though. But what can you do, they pay and don't *****, so do what they want.

7. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

The business line has rung here at 11 pm 12 am 2 am 4 am and 6 am I'll give you 3 guesses how many of those calls I answered. When they call at times like that its because they don't want to talk to us they just want to leave a message. I answered a 10 pm call once the lady freaked she had not wanted me to pick up.

8. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

That was my grandmother's schedule before she passed. I would get out of school at 2:30 and go by and check on here and she would either be in bed or in the process of. I don't know how these people do it! They're like hampsters!

9. Jackman

Jackman LawnSite Member
    from Zone

A WW I vet wow!!!! How old is this vet??????

10. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

I had the 40 year old son of a client (yup, he still lived at home) call me at 11:30pm at my house to see if I wanted to join his bartering club.

I was, to say the least, upset. I informed him he was not to call my house ever again or I would cancel his parents account.