6 acre bid?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by LawnMan883, Jun 18, 2007.

1. LawnMan883

LawnMan883 LawnSite Member

I have a residential customer who is looking for a quote on a 6 acre lawn. I am usually used to doing smaller lawns, but figure i can take this on. Whats the average price for a flat 6 acre lawn with some trees and such, but nothin gtoo major?

2. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

I woud charge alot

3. Bigray

Bigray LawnSite Member

is there any detail work involed, like bushes, pulling weeds from flower beds or picking up cones ?

4. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

What kind of mower are you going to be using? Just factor in the time its going to take you to do the job and times that by the amount you want to make per hour. The price would go between $250-$325 here

5. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

around 3-400.

6. Stillwater

In MA. my area 700.00 remember 6 acres is almost 7 football fields

7. Prestige-Lawncare

Prestige-Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Curious here reading all of the replies so far ... how long are you guys figuring time wise it is going to take you to mow a pretty simple/flat 6 acre property? Also ... I would assume (and we all know we shouldn't assume anything) you are using at least a 60" Z.

8. Stillwater

Ok lets take a 72" side discharge Ferris 5000Z with a 31.5 HP Cat diesel no bagging, top end mowing speed is claimed to be 12mph. at 12miles per hr. no stopping you can mow 7.2 acres per hour. But we all know that is a bunch of crap and even under ideal conditions this is a remote reality. So take the Ferris numbers and toss them in the trash becouse it would be a entire day and I would want 700 for every mow or I would pass on the job.

9. Rob.C

Rob.C LawnSite Member

totaly agree 700-800, or pass, I like to see that someone else is aggressive on pricing, I dont charge by just the cut, I have a charge for the cut, trimming and bagging.

10. KTO Enterprises

KTO Enterprises LawnSite Bronze Member

I can do 6 acres on a tractor doing 3 miles per hour in 4 hours. Are you guys drinking before you mow? With a 48 Z I would plan to be there no more than 3 to 4 hours. Hit them with 300 per cut.