.6 acre commercial prop.?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by 4curbappeal, May 24, 2006.

1. 4curbappeal

4curbappeal LawnSite Senior Member

Hello and thanks in advance for input!

I am a solo operation with 20 weekly accounts. I am also a full time Realtor, so I am keeping quite busy this time of year. What would you guys charge to cut .6 acres of knee high grass? This is a field and I will be cutting it on a bi-monthly basis. As of right now I will be using a 36 wb. I know this machine is small, but it is perfect for all of my residential homes so far. Should I pass on this one until I find a bigger mower or suck it up, take the job and spend more time cutting it? Thanks all!

2. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member

.6 acres is only like 25,000 square feet, i would give him a high price for the first mowing, if your mower can't handle it, run quickly through with the trimmer. but it should be able to if you go slow.

3. CBramble

CBramble LawnSite Member

Bi-monthly?? If you mow every other month each time you mow its gonna be knee high. Do they expect it to look half decent?

4. 4curbappeal

Thanks, wuold yuo say around $70 for 1st time, then $40 per?

5. fulano

fulano LawnSite Senior Member

That sounds like a lot of wear and tear on a machine, I hope you make a lot on the property.

6. 4curbappeal

We have a city ordinance saying vacant or commercial lots can not exceed 18 inches, so I'm sure they will want to to do the bare minimum. The agent who called me was my uncle who works for the same co.

7. 4curbappeal

I know what your saying! fulano, I have read many of your posts and Anderson IN is quite a bit different than Nashville. I kind of see what you are trying to do with your biz and good luck!

8. mike lane lawn care

i wouldn't take less than $130 for each mowing if it is going to be bi-monthly, i didn't see the bi-monthly part in my first post.

9. 4curbappeal

Dude, I live in Farm Town USA! Mid- West must be a little than NE. Thanks for the input!

10. mike lane lawn care

i don't know what the price around your area is, but here in tourist ville, you get a nice price on that size area.