6 Grand a Week, Brotha!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Tom-N-Texas, Apr 20, 2006.

1. Tom-N-Texas

Tom-N-Texas LawnSite Senior Member

I've never been the bragging type....But Ain't America Great? Here I am, just a dirty, sweaty dude who mows yards for living and I'm in the top 1-2% of this nation's income earners! LOL. It's really quite funny because I live in a nice area where I'm flanked by an attorney who lives on one side of me and an orthodontist on the other. Up and down my street, in fact there's a variety of individuals who have prestigous, high income-earning jobs.....and here I am rolling in each night with my ugly, dented truck and beat-up trailer that hauls equipment that looks like it was just picked up at the junk yard! And it really is ironic that I probably make more money than 95% of my customers...who for all they know I'm living at the poverty level.

2. nitro121

nitro121 LawnSite Senior Member

so how do you do it?? Full service landscaping....or mow and go? I'm personally trying the JustMowIt style....but in the area I'm in, even if it turns in to the biggest mowing company around, I won't pull in 6 G's a week. :cry:
    (I don't think anyway)

3. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

Is that gross or net?

4. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Solo operaters not possible 6 k a week no way,the market has to many in it and another thing you would have to cut 120 properties at $50 each.:dizzy:

5. Surf'n'Turf

Surf'n'Turf LawnSite Senior Member

Didn't mention he was 'solo'....

6. TURF DOCTOR

Okay with employes go.

7. TURF DOCTOR

With cut and trim possible,you need a lot of hardscapes every month.

8. Surf'n'Turf

Surf'n'Turf LawnSite Senior Member

With out the original poster filling us in on details, there will only be assumptions.

9. FreshCutz

FreshCutz LawnSite Member

If your making 6 grand a week, what do you spend it all on:drinkup:

10. Idealtim

Idealtim LawnSite Senior Member

6 g's a week, I thought you were talking about gas prices, lol. but damn thats good and even better for mow and go. If its money you want, go to the condo property maintenance.