6 Miles Of Mowing

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by IBGreen, Dec 19, 2002.

1. IBGreen

IBGreen LawnSite Senior Member

Well guys once again I need you're input. I'm not going to say what I think I'm just going to ask the question because I don't want to be way off and feel like a dip. I was asked to bid on a job that is 3 miles of what will be perfectly maintained bermuda. Alright, so its 3 miles on each side of the neighborhood road which comes out to 6 miles total. Its doesn't have but a few small hills and only a couple curves. Overall very easy just time consuming; with a 52" ztr and a 36" walk behind w/ a flex-deck and jungle wheels how long do you think it would take us? And how much would you bid? We will also have to edge the sidewalks and roadsides on each side that run the entire 6 miles! So let's hear it how much?

2. Lawn Services

Lawn Services LawnSite Member
    from DE

well i do some roadside mowing myself for differnt towns
    but to anser your ? 6 miles long but how wide ?????????

3. Jimbo

Jimbo LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah, How wide on each side? Many trees? Shrubs?

Sounds like an easy job!

4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

How often do you have edge the sidewalk? Can you do it every other week?

5. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Not with bermuda, every week it will need to be edged. Stuff grows everywhere.

How wide is the area?

6. IBGreen

Sorry guys, there are no trees or shrubs but there are some street lights and I don't know how many but I will update you tomarrow. And on each side of the road there is about 12 ft. to mow on average.

7. IBGreen

I'll have to edge every week

8. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

According to my calculations, that is about 8+ acres to mow.

Good thing is you won't have to make a lot of turns.

9. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

You'll need to bag it, or you'll be blowing the grass all over the road, yes????
    Pete

10. Currier

Currier LawnSite Senior Member

I gotta say that sounds like it would be a great job! If you have the right stuff and if the traffic isn't too bad. On a deal like that I'd go very early in the a.m. Is there houses around or could you get by doing a 5:00 a.m. mowing?

Whatever you do price the sucker to MAKE $$. I'd do a quick run over a section (even just running the machines with the blades off) to see how long a part of it will take and then multiply it all out to come up with a $$ figure.

By running over it you can also get an idea of how bumpy the cutting will be and how much debris you will have to deal with.