6 months in business

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Bman, Jan 23, 2002.

1. Bman

Bman LawnSite Member

I incorporated and started this business part- time 6 months ago and it is terrific. I'm on active duty in the Navy with eight years until retirement. I plan to build this business and to be one of the best. I busted my butt by myself and made about 15k in six months. Not a bad start! I have three employees now, and there have been several weeks lately that I don't do much physical labor. I spend my time acquiring new business, quality assurance, and controlling expenses. Branched out into concrete work (Patios, driveways, sidewalks) and this is picking up as well. Licensed, insured, and headed in the right direction. We still have a very long way to go in our education ie... business management skills... cashflow vs profit, pricing, controlling overhead..., managing employees .... Just want to say thanks to all of you who contribute to this site. With your input I'm confident this company will succeed.

Respectfully,

2. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Glad to here that...

Where abouts in south Texas?

3. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

Sounds killer ....... that Military background is shining thru with the discipline it takes to develop a sound business .... Good Luck

4. MATTHEW

MATTHEW LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE OHIO

I agree. A successful week is a matter of looking over the plan, setting a strategy and executing it. You'll feel right at home. Just try to resist the urge to take prisoners if they don't pay right up!;)

5. VLM

VLM LawnSite Member

Thanks for your service to our country! Best of luck to you. It aint a cushy office job but then again who needs that!

6. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Being a former Navy man, I have one question. What happens if they transfer you to Norfolk or some other base? You still have 8 yrs.