1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

# 6 River rock?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Dstosh, Jun 6, 2009.

1. Dstosh

Dstosh LawnSite Senior Member

I am meeting with a customer tomorrow that the town is calling for #6 river rock in the beds. I've only used 1's and 2's does anyone have any pictures or size refrence for #6?

Just looking for some info.

2. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

3. Dstosh

Dstosh LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks. I knew it was big, I will have to see what the exact specifications are tomorrow. Where do you suppose someone will get something like that. Do the quarrys have river rock that big?
  4. EVM

EVM LawnSite Senior Member

Any landscape/garden center should have this rock. You might want to rent a mini skid steer for the job. You can't shovel this stone, it must be moved by hand into wheel barrels.
  5. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

We also have it readily available at most material yards and nurseries here in town.

Talk to some of your suppliers, and if your getting a massive quantity you could have it delivered.

A skid would definitively help, if the areas are tight, a mini skid would work well too.