6" valve boxes BAD BAD

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by FIMCO-MEISTER, Jun 5, 2007.

1. I'm making your case ML for you why 6" valve boxes are a piece of @#$%. Isn't going to change anything in big D cuz it has been done this way for 30 years and before that we just buried them. We just expect to be digging up the valve. I know feet in pic:hammerhead: I've decided 6" valve box photography is going to be my niche.

DSCN0427.jpg

DSCN0428.jpg

2. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

thats a tuff one....for my case......its an econo.....not a standard.

nice pics!!!!

is that the new cam?

3. Not yet. Got the memory card but no camera yet. Ordered through Amazon.

4. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

A six inch (round) box is an econo box. I got a big stack of them I got for about a buck a pop.

5. CAPT Stream Rotar

Ebay?

or just a killer deal from someone in chap 11?

6. Wet_Boots

You can buy a valve box on eBay? Isn't that special. My supply was someone's loss leader item.

7. CAPT Stream Rotar

what is a loss leader item?

Yhea you can....My boss got a ton of rainbird controllers and hunter adj sprays for short money........

I watch a case of I-25's go for 20 $ a piece.....

some pretty sick deals..

8. Wet_Boots

I just can't see shipping a valve box. Heads, sure. An endless supply of Orbit heads, and other Home Depot floor sweepings must be a constant presense on eBay.

9. CAPT Stream Rotar

none that Ive seen, but now I know what to get you for Christmas..

10. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

They're about as funny as....... funny pipe. :laugh:

We have exactly 11 of them in the district. They're all located at the theater I was at today in the planters (one per) and contain curb stop valves to isolate a hose bibb and ASV/battery-operated controller (we're going to change out our remaining 5 Solorains to Hunter ASV/WVC combinations) located in security cages. Maybe I'll take some pics tomorrow for your collection. :)

Use your photo editing program to crop your feet out of the pictures and then everyone will think you're a pro. :weightlifter: