6 weeks and counting

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by shorty7616, Mar 23, 2005.

1. shorty7616

shorty7616 LawnSite Member

Its been 6 weeks since the exmark went into the shop for a tranny repair. Part was ordered 4 weeks ago...still nothing. Starting to wonder.

So far they've given me loaners, but that gets to be a pain...since I have alot of gates and they are given mebigger mowers. And they want them back every week.

How long would ya'll give it?

2. JKOOPERS

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

is it still under warranty ?

3. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

that is a long time

4. Lawnchoice

Lawnchoice LawnSite Senior Member

Get a new dealer. That is just plain rediculous.

5. Creative Lawn Care

Creative Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

Exmark has overnight shipping I thought? I never had any major problems with my Lazer but on smaler things it was never in the shop more than 2 days and they gave me a loaner for that.

6. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

I would give it about 3 days warranty or not.

7. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

ok, then what? you give it 3 days, it's not fixed, what do you do about it? i think it's rediculous when a dealer/manufacturer wont back thier product. in my opinion, if u buy a brand new mower, and it breaks down, they should give you another brand new mower. none of this fix it crap. i had a terrible experience when i bought my first mower brand new. the thing fell apart day #1, and i got nowhere with dealer or manufacturer. this is why i always buy used.

8. shorty7616

shorty7616 LawnSite Member

Nope, not under warranty-- its about 5 years old. I actually called Exmark about this, and they said, "yes they have overnight shipping, but the tranny isn't theirs." The dealer says it takes "Forever" before they get stuff from peerless, but 4 weeks, come on?

What would ya'll do?

9. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

Go to your dealer and see how long it takes to get a new mower. When he tells you a few days, ask him if it comes with a _____n transmission from peerless. I would keep trying j-thomas and places like that. Did you search and see if you can get it from peerless? Dealers are useless.

10. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

I agree lawnman scott,

Many dealers are absolutely useless. I had to call Gravely to get the proper parts shipped to my dealer to get my hydro system fixed. Shouldn't they know more than me?

Gravely was great and sent it 2 day air. My dealer didn't let me know that they recieved it until I called 2 days later asking what happened.

customer service, whats that?