1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

6 X 12 Trailer Suggestions

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by NORTHMAN, Jun 12, 2012.

NORTHMAN LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

i'm looking for suggestions please on what are some good manufactures of a6 X 12 single axle,open trailer.
  2. LandFakers

LandFakers LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

Big Tex or NNT
  3. buttaluv

buttaluv LawnSite Senior Member
    from MidWest

I like Maxey, if I was going to do it all over again, Maxey's website says you can get a 83" x 14' single axle...with a side gate..that being said, You could probably get a 16' tandem for the same price....then the D.O.T. would hassle you! it's never ending!
  4. jsslawncare

jsslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

NOT-Tow Pro.

NORTHMAN LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Hi,I'd like to bring this up again and see if theres anymore info please.I haven't bought one yet but will be in the next couple of weeks.I'd also be interested to know where to buy a trailer,I'm in Sussex County,NJ.Thanks.
  6. herler

herler LawnSite Fanatic

Last edited: Apr 2, 2013
  7. lazer 46

lazer 46 LawnSite Senior Member

I bought a single axle 6x12 PJ trailer last fall. It is the best built highest quality trailer I've ever owned and I've had a few. Some of the features I like are. Powder coated, channel iron frame,recessed lights, flip up jack instead of the stationary one that your tailgate hits, spring assist gate, the wiring is sealed and not hanging down from the trailer like it was an afterthought, pressure treated lumber, And it was priced right.
  8. wiltslawncare

wiltslawncare LawnSite Member

I agree with the post above. PJ is the way to go. I had a 6x12 and its the nicest trailer I have owned. Have a big tex now and its built well but i prefer the pj.